Wednesday, October 05, 2005

You're Not On My Level

How sure is Mike Bloomberg that he'll be mayor of New York City for another 4 years?

Well, for starters, he doesn't do minor league debates.

From NY1:

Despite mounting pressure to take part in Thursday night's debate at the Apollo, Mayor Michael Bloomberg says he is not going to change his mind. At a City Hall press conference, the mayor was bombarded with questions about why he's skipping the debate, which is co-sponsored by NY1. Bloomberg has agreed to two debates with Democrat Fernando Ferrer in television studios on October 30 and November 1. Asked if he was afraid to go to Harlem for Thursday’s debate, Mayor Bloomberg said no. "I've been to Harlem over 70 times in the last four years, and most of you have been with me,” said Bloomberg. “I've opened stores, and restaurants; I've gotten endorsements; I've announced things. I'm not afraid. We've chosen two debates. And, the two debates that we've chosen are closer to the election and give you better visibility than this debate would."

That's right Mike. Tell 'em.

And while they keep talking sh-t, you're countin' bank funds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment